Re: [tlug] Mic Problems

On 17/01/06, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> tried as root, same result. alsamixer shows mic as 100%, but still
> nothing. cheers.

Doesn't alsamixer give you any indication of the capture status?

I wonder if esd or whatever is controlling the sound card's levels and
such. Try stopping esd, arts, and any other sound daemon that might be
running, then issuing the amixer commands again:

amixer set Mic 100 capture unmute
amixer get Mic

Any change?

If not, I think you must Google, for I have no clue.

-Josh