Re: [tlug] KRecord (Mono?)

On 1/23/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On 23/01/06, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>
> > When I type in "arecord" - I get:
> >
> > ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:563:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
> > arecord: main:533: audio open error: Permission denied
>
> Is this on SuSE? Is there an audio group that you should be in? Please
> run this command and report the output:

Yes - on SuSE 9.3 (although I had the problem this morning on SuSE
10.0 - I will also be checking to see if I get the same result on this
box to double check that the female end of the physical connection
isn't the issue).

I noticed that some audio applications were open (I was trying
different applications and I didn't write down which ones - sorry for
the oversight!), so I closed them and tried entering "arecord" again -
this time I got:

RIFF$WAVEfmt @example.com WAVE 'stdout' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

Is that the problem?  "Mono" - Shouldn't that be "Stereo"?  Also,
shouldn't it be 16,000Hz?

Lyle