Re: [tlug] VT100 Display Capability in Email (Re: Rendering HTML Email)

On 20/01/06, bruno raoult <bruno@example.com> wrote:

> Godwin Stewart wrote:
>
> > Just because it looks better (to some people, it's very subjective) doesn't
> > mean that it *is* better.
>
> Exact. But for me, the word "better" is not really objective too, at
> first... What is "better" for somebody could not be for another one.

No-one is arguing that. But this is a mailing list for geeks, and when
we say that HTML mail is blasphemous, we are talking about for us.

I really don't care if my parents, grandparents, etc. prefer HTML
mail. Good for them. As long as they don't send it to me, that is. :)

I think that the word "objective" is a bit subjective; it seems to
mean different things to different people. (This was meant to be a
joke, but when I think back to some of the things that Dubya has said
in his speeches, I am less sure that it is a joke.) </offtopic>

-Josh