Re: [tlug] about sanitize_e820_map()

On 17/01/06, Toshiyuki Ishii <psbfan@example.com> wrote:

> Your help is really helpful.
> It's so clear.

Thanks, and you are welcome. :)

> my head was spinning and slipped away to a foolish.

This can happen when reading complex C, which the Linux kernel certainly is! :)

> If some of you (list members) are interrested in how I was
> misunderstanding and am still misunderstanding,
> please look at http://ozen.web.fc2.com/remap.html

I'll have a look later and let you know what I think.

> I think there are more misunderstanding.
> When you want to point out mistakes, email me directly,
> not this list (because I will feed ashamed and it is not suitable for the list)

Heh. I *wish* things that make me feel ashamed were not suitable for
the list. ;)

> And I will subscribe to newbie list.

Kernel Newbies is a good list. You should enjoy it. Especially because
the best way to understand the kernel code is to have to teach it to
someone else. :)

c.f. a lecture I had to give on the 2.4 kernel's ext2 filesystem support:

http://www.jmglov.net/unix/linux-kernel/#ext2fs

-Josh