Re: [tlug] about sanitize_e820_map()

Good morning.

> >     Toshiyuki> I am a beginner of kernel source code, so sorry if I am
> >     Toshiyuki> misunderstanding.
> >
> > This isn't exactly a kernel hackers group.  There are a few such here,
> > but it's unlikely that they're familiar with every little bit.

I'm so sorry for disturbing the list.

> I for one would like to see more hardcore C questions on this list, so
> I will endeavor to help you out here.

And I thank you all for still helping me.

> You should, however, take Steve's advise about what info you need to
> provide so that we can help you.

I understood.

> I will assume that you are concerned with the 2.6 kernel.

I use 2.6.13 kernel.
I have behaved rudely not to present information about my question.

> I first made an identifier search on LXR against the 2.6.11 source
> tree to find the relevant code:
>
> http://lxr.linux.no/ident?i=sanitize_e820_map

  .
  .
  .

And the code I have qestion is just what/where? you pointed out.
(I left out your citation because I should disturb the list again.)

As another version and another patch level kernel uses the same code, I found,
I thought that probably I was misunderstanding.

Thank you for your help and I will study the code again with your
explanation.