Re: [tlug] Kubuntu v5.10

On 12/25/05, Robert C Balfour <rbalfour@example.com> wrote:
> This is the format I use.
>
> mod@example.com:~$ sudo passwd root
> Password: <this is the mod password>
> Enter new UNIX password: <this will be the new root password>
> Retype new UNIX password: <confirm the above>
> passwd: password updated successfully
> mod@example.com:~$

That worked!  Now I need to figure out how to get FireFox going.  I
tried setting it up the way I did on SuSE but it's not working (yet).
With SuSE, I just decompressed the downloaded file and then put that
in the user folder and ran it from there by clicking on the "firefox"
icon within the folder.  This method (so far) isn't working with
Kubuntu.

Thanks for your help so far, and - today being a holiday and
everything - there's no rush at all on further details.  I can wait a
few days!  Being able to set a root password has given put me in more
of a state of "peace of mind".

Thanks very much for help so far!

Lyle