[tlug] Kubuntu v5.10

Kubuntu went into my 667MHz Fujitsu in about... 90 minutes I think it
was.  It's working fine, but there are a couple of issues:

In the install, it prompts you for a user name and a password - and
that's it!  No root!  So I assume it's got the user running as root
all the time!  Yikes!  Easier for users to use and easier for
outsiders to abuse!  I'm sure there's a way to fix that - is it
involved or fairly straightforward?

The other thing is that I've gotten used to the file navigation of
Konqueror (with SuSE) and was unable to find a way of navigating the
files with Kubuntu.  How are the files navigated?  What command brings
up something like File Manager?

Lyle
--
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/