Re: [tlug] OT - what is yikes

Mark Sargent wrote:

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
Interjection: yikes

1. Used to express surprise
- crikey [Brit], cor [Brit], crumbs [Brit], gosh, golly, by George, by Jove, blimey [Brit], gorblimey [Brit], cor blimey [Brit], my, holy cow, holy smoke, fancy [Brit], goodness, goodness me, Gordon Bennett, gracious, gracious me, fancy that, god, my word, oh, O, ah, oh boy, jeez, geez, strewth [Brit], struth [Brit], I'll be blowed [Brit], blow me [Brit], Holy-dooly [Austral], heck, blooming heck [Brit], jeepers, jeepers creepers

Hmm... only "Brit" and "Austral" in there. I wonder why, I know for a fact that it's also in the US.......
Lyle, I think you'll find that the ones that aren't highlighted with the related country, are either general, or US specific(I'M guessing US).

Oh yeah... right! Wow.. the issue is the opposite of what I thought it was then! That's embarrassing! I should have had a closer look. In rushing it out, I mistakenly thought there was something in brackets by every definition..... Thanks for pointing t hat out.

Lyle