Re: [tlug] Japanese Encoding - which one?

    Brett> I don't know what Kool-Aid is

That explains a lot!<wink>

    Brett> and I don't have the time to ask each of our customers what
    Brett> flavour they prefer. However I do know that they can read
    Brett> 2022-JP mail.

Oh, you meant that's what _works for you_.  That's a very different
statement from "[UTF-8] breaches RFCs, you are supposed to be using
ISO-2022-JP".  Just say "this works for me"---that's enough for this
old standards bigot, and it's gonna be enough for Lyle, too, I bet.