Re: [tlug] Japanese Encoding - which one?

Brett Robson wrote:

>>[LHS] Just to test - does this display correctly?:
>>
>No, not on my client. Using UTF for for Japanese email breaches RFCs,
>you are supposed to use 2022-JP. Now many people will tell you that it
>doesn't matter and there may be good reason to use it (eg mixing
>Japanese with non-English languages), but if you are sending Japanese
>text then you are risking that the receiver can't read it.

Thanks for that! I was thinking I'd be able to send things with no
problems to Japanese acquaintances with UTF-8. I've just changed the
e-mail over to 2022-JP and so - for the time being - will encode all new
web pages as UTF-8 (and fix old ones as I find the time).

Another test - is this readable this time?:

日本橋で会いましょう!

Thanks very much for the feedback - some of my friends just clam up when
they get a moji-bake e-mail and so it's not always easy getting feedback.

Lyle