Re: [tlug] IBM R30 Laptop Issues

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:18:33 +0900 Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> Jim wrote:
> >When you removed both the CMOS battery and main battery,
> >did you short the contacts on the circuit board for the CMOS
> >battery for a few minutes? (Do NOT short any battery contacts.)

> Jim, no, I didn't do that. How is this done, exactly.? Cheers.

Remove main power batteries.
Read the manual for whatever clues it offers.
If there is a switch or jumper to use for this purpose, use it.
If not, find the "CMOS" battery and disconnect it.
With anything conductive, short the pins on the connector
on the laptop for the "CMOS" battery for a few minutes.
After a few minutes, remove the short.
Plug the "CMOS" battery again.

Do not short any batteries themselves.