Re: [tlug] CJK Printing from Web Browsers in Centos 4.2

On 11/15/05, David E <dave@???> wrote:

> Hmmm. That's the first place I looked actually, but I don't have the
> "Miscellaneous" option available. Only "General", "Printout Mode",
> "Banners". This is on Debian, with CUPS V 1.1.23 and using a
> foomatic/hpijs driver. More searching suggests (but didn't completely
> confirm) the this driver uses PS Level 2 by default, (whatever that
> means). Printing on Linux is a dark, foggy swamp, ain't it?

The hpijs driver probably does not use Ghostscript to render the
Postscript. As such, it probably cannot take advantage of the CJK
fonts that Ghostscript has. Can you use the Foomatic/Postscript driver
instead for your printer? That should fix things properly.

Of course, since the KPrinter solution seems to work, that is probably
an acceptable work-around.

-Josh