Re: [tlug] CJK Printing from Web Browsers in Centos 4.2

Josh Glover wrote:

> CUPS printer config. Try setting CUPS to render everything in
> Postscript Level 2 before sending it to the printer.

As opposed to what--Postscript Level 1?

I'm not trying to argue, just curious about the process. It sounds like
this is supposed to work whether or not you have an actual PostScript
printer. So if you have, say, a PCL printer, does CUPS render the output
to PS Level 2, then send it to a filter that converts to PCL? If so, it
seems awfully roundabout. Is there no simpler way to do it?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA