Re: [tlug] CJK Printing from Web Browsers in Centos 4.2

On 11/15/05, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

> How does one print CJK web pages viewed in Firefox in Centos 4.2?
> CJK web pages look great in the browser, but the CJK characters
> are just squares when printed.
>
> I _can_ print CJK web pages viewed with Konqueror in Centos 4.2,
> albeit poorly.

Konqueror is using KPrint, while Firefox is just using straight CUPS,
or possibly XPrint. Hence the discrepancy. I would take a look at your
CUPS printer config. Try setting CUPS to render everything in
Postscript Level 2 before sending it to the printer. I think that will
cause the fonts to be pre-rendered, so the printer does not have to
download the Asian fonts (which is probably where things are going
awry for you).

This has worked for me in the past. If your Firefox is using XPrint,
you must Google, for I know nothing about that stuff yet.

Cheers,
Josh