Re: [tlug] DD floppies

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:21:28 +0900
"Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> >>Considering how obscure DD floppies are,
> >>it would be prudent to avoid unnecessary abbreviation.
> >>DD means different things to different people.
> >>
> >???
> >
> >>lso, you forgot to mention other properties of the
> >>floppies you want. I.e., you forgot to mention
> >>physical size (inches/mm), how many sides you want,
> >>and whether you need hard or soft sectors.
> >>
> >Good point
> >
> >I need 3 1/2 inch, 2DD discs.
> >

> As someone mentioned, I think that "dime-a-dozen" HD disks work fine.

Yes, as Tobias mentioned I think that is right. I've done some
experimenting today and several different machines and OSes can format
at double density but my home Windows XP (spit) machine can't and won't
read them either. My guess is the disc drive is the problem. I think I
need to do exhaustive experimenting to work this out.

Brett

--
Brett Robson
Systems Administrator