Re: [tlug] DD floppies

Brett Robson wrote:

Yes, as Tobias mentioned I think that is right. I've done some
experimenting today and several different machines and OSes can format
at double density but my home Windows XP (spit) machine can't and won't
read them either. My guess is the disc drive is the problem. I think I
need to do exhaustive experimenting to work this out.

Why do you need them? For important data trapped on an old world processor or something? If the word processor is anything like that piece of junk Ricoh I have, there should be a format option buried deep in the menus somewhere. It takes something like five minutes to format one disk(!), but the machine that needs DD floppies (or that equivalent) should have that function..... If I remember correctly (probably not), the Ricoh format option was reached by pressing either F10, F11, or F12 and digging into the menus there.

Lyle