[tlug] grabbing from Video4Linux compatible devices (was: [Reminder Annoucement] TLUG Technical Meeting 2005-11-12)

Josh Glover wrote:
 > Great! I am currenlty trying to find a command-line tool that will
record video from my Video4Linux-compatible webcam. Any pointers?

About a year ago I configured a logitech webcam attached to a linux box to stream video over the network so that we can spy on the part-timers in our office (they were in another floor).

ffmpeg did the grabbing and ffserver did the streaming. i don't remember any of it now, though.

--
ramil