Re: [tlug] [Reminder Annoucement] TLUG Technical Meeting 2005-11-12

On 11/11/05, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/05, Henri Servomaa <r_muffin@example.com> wrote:
>
> > I can bring a dv camera tomorrow and record the presentations.
> > Mostly out of interest to see what kind of
> > a/v quality can be obtained...
> > We can talk/coordinate more at the meeting.
>
> Great! I am currenlty trying to find a command-line tool that will
> record video from my Video4Linux-compatible webcam. Any pointers?

To answer my own question, here is ffmpeg to the rescue:

ffmpeg -s 352x240 test_video.mpg

The awesome little bastard even records audio from my mic! Talk about
a one-stop shop! Now the only problem left to solve is to figure out
how big the movies are going to be, and if I have enough free hard
drive space.

-Josh