Re: [tlug] how to keep track of one's work... another'BestPractices' question

"Micheal E Cooper" <mcooper@example.com> writes:

> That does sound extremely appealing... but I wonder if you don't spend
> more time tweaking than using.

It doesn't really take that much time to tweak, once the base system
is there. I often make tiny adjustments to the way I work. Small
changes actually work better than large changes, as tey're easy to get
used to. =)

One of the best ways to deal with that is to join a user community
with lots of like-minded people. The Planner mailing list totally
rocks. I steal ideas and code from other people fairly often. <grin>
It's great because people are encouraged to post even their silliest
ideas, because those often spark an aha! moment elsewhere. Most of the
time, when people describe what they want to do, someone else turns
out to have already hacked together something similar...

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@example.com> - open source, free software geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, public speaking