Re: [tlug] telnet'ing to home with Java servlet

Oh boy, even with a threaded mail reader, this is hard to follow.
It reminds me of the game of "telephone".

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:33:18 +0900 Shawn <shawn@example.com> wrote:

> Ok to clarify things
> >
> > > Jim, why do you think a proxy forces plaintext passwords with an HTTPS
> > > proxy?
> >
> > In replying to Shawn, I made no such comment.
> >
> > Shawn was not talking about https,
> > so in my reply I was also not talking about https.
> >

> Well originally I was ...

Indeed, you _were_ talking about https in your post of
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:03:48 +0900.

As I replied on Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:06:04 -0500, I was so
confused that I asked for a restatement of the whole approach.

I thank you for your Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:45:43 +0900 restatement.
It was excellent for its clarity. It expressly mentioned http use
on port 80 without any mention of https or port 443 or proxies.

I accepted your restatement as comprehensive and so I thought that
you were only considering http and port 80.

Then on Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:18:01 +0900 Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Jim, why do you think a proxy forces plaintext passwords with an HTTPS
> proxy?

which confused several issues which I have since cleared up with Josh.