Re: [tlug] telnet'ing to home with Java servlet

On 11/1/05, Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:

> I originally thought of using it over https.  I didn't realize that
> https via proxy resulted in clear text passwords being used.

It does not usually. I know that with Squid (which we used at my
previous job), the HTTPS connexion was secure end-to-end--the only
thing the proxy did was the name resolution for the end user's
browser.

Jim, why do you think a proxy forces plaintext passwords with an HTTPS
proxy? I do not doubt you, just wondering if you have specific example
in mind.

-Josh