Re: [tlug] O'Reilly Books in English

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

>>T-Zone Minami was closed and you can only find Donki Houte.
>>

>Gee.  I've only been away three years, and an Akihabara landmark has
>bitten the dust . OK, I know three Akihabara years are equal to 10 or
>20 human years :)

T-Zone still has their "T-ZONE. PC DIY SHOP":
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/shop/at/tzone_pcdiy.html

- and an on-line shopping deal:
http://www.tzone.com/diy/index.jsp

Also, while I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, Yodobashi Camera
just opened a huge new store in a squeaky new building on the other side
of Akihabara Station from the main electronics area, but right next to
the station nevertheless. Has anyone checked that out yet? Do they have
a book section? (JICYDK, Yodobashi Camera was true to its name way back
when, but has shifted more and more towards electronics, and with
digital cameras, the shift is nearly complete! In fact... I think the
new shop is called "Yodobashi Akiba"?)

I just checked - here is a link:
http://www.yodobashi-akiba.com/

Lyle