Re: [tlug] O'Reilly Books in English

Hi Josh,

In message <d8fcc0800510070803t5b49d15cp65c1ed10affc53d9@example.com> you write:
> "Kinokuniya, next to the Takashimaya dept. store, next to the Shinjuku
> South eki (JR) has all that stuff on the 6th floor.  In English, even."

I think this is still true.

> To which someone else added:
>
> "The big Laox near the Tokyo Mitsubishi Bank has a good selection of
> computer books (most of O'Reilly book are there, seems they have even
> more than at Kinokuniya) T-Zone Minami has also quite a few English
> Computer books."
>
> Is this stuff still valid? Are these stores still where they were in
> 1998? Which Laox near which Tokyo Mitsubishi Bank? How does one find
> T-Zone Minami?

Laox (www.laox.co.jp) The Computer-Kan moved the bookstore from the
grand (1st) floor to the top floow (7th?). But still stays near to the
Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi. However, Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi closed the
bank counter, and left the ATM only, at the Chuou-Dori street
crossing.

T-Zone Minami was closed and you can only find Donki Houte.

> Or better yet, can someone recommend a good place to buy O'Reilly
> titles in English? I am looking especially for "JavaScript: The
> Definitive Reference, 4th Edition", but I am sure I will have other
> O'Reilly needs in the future. Bonus points if someone (Nikolay?)
> steers me to a bookstore in Central Yokohama! :)

I think Maruzen (www.maruzen.co.jp) at north west (Marunouchi) exit,
or Kinokuniya (www.kinokuniya.co.jp) can sell it to you. However both
internet site says that it's not in the stock but you should order it.
It's "JavaScript: The Definitive GUide. 4th ed." by the search result.

Another good option is Amazon, I think.

Hope this helps,
== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======
  Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/