Re: [tlug] Linux Laptop

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 20:19, Michael Smith wrote:

> David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> writes:
> > I've been running SuSE on a couple IBM Thinkpads for a while now,
> > and have been very happy.  SuSE 9.1 runs on my old Thinkpad 600X

They'll pry my 600X, maxed out with 576 meg of memory, from my cold,
dead, fingers <g>

I run Kubuntu on mine and ran Debian Sid before that (I've switched all
my systems from mainline Debian to (K)ubuntu) and love it.  My wife has
T30 which runs some legacy operating system, but if Yahoo ever supports
voice in Yahoo Messenger for Linux, I'll be able to fix that problem :)

I also have an 850 MHz CPU waiting to be popped into my 600X in my
copious free time (said the guy with two toddlers) :)

Jonathan