Re: [tlug] SuSE 9.3 New Install (KVM)

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

> Joseph Essertier wrote:
>
>> I don't know what a KVM switch is.  I haven't had a chance to sit
>> down for the last 24 hours, but when i do, i'll check to see if i can
>> fix the problem with the buttons on the monitor, of which there are
>> several.
>

> KVM stands for Keyboard Video Mouse, which is a switch that allows you
> to have (most commonly) two or four computers running via the same
> monitor (switches that run 10 computers or whatever are a little
> pricey), keyboard and mouse setup.  Four computers, one monitor, one
> keyboard, & one mouse.  It's a great concept, and they usually work
> well, but can cause some minor problems.  I take it then that you're
> running the computer hooked up directly to keyboard/mouse/monitor
> then.  In that case, it's only a matter of adjusting the monitor and
> it should be fine.
>
> Lyle

Thanks for explaining this KVM concept.  It sounds nice, but no, i don't
have one of those.

Thanks to help from you and SuSE, i managed to follow the instructions
given to me by email from SuSE, and fixed the monitor problem!  It's
nice to be able to see the whole screen.  :)

It's working fine now, except for problems with OpenOffice 1.9, or
whatever version it is.  I'm going to try to download and install the
stable version of OpenOffice.

Joe