Re: [tlug] SuSE 9.3 New Install (KVM)

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

> Joseph Essertier wrote:
>
>> I don't know what a KVM switch is.  I haven't had a chance to sit
>> down for the last 24 hours, but when i do, i'll check to see if i can
>> fix the problem with the buttons on the monitor, of which there are
>> several.
>

> KVM stands for Keyboard Video Mouse, which is a switch that allows you
> to have (most commonly) two or four computers running via the same
> monitor (switches that run 10 computers or whatever are a little
> pricey), keyboard and mouse setup.  Four computers, one monitor, one
> keyboard, & one mouse.  It's a great concept, and they usually work
> well, but can cause some minor problems.  I take it then that you're
> running the computer hooked up directly to keyboard/mouse/monitor
> then.  In that case, it's only a matter of adjusting the monitor and
> it should be fine.
>
> Lyle

Well, i tried this and it seemed to work pretty well.  Only about 1 inch
of black was left on the left side of the screen, but the screen
wouldn't move any more to the left.  I'm going to try the instructions
from SuSE next.

Thanks.  It's nice to know that i can move the image on the screen
around like that.
Joe