Re: [tlug] Job Hunting

On 5/16/05, Michael Smith <smith@example.com> wrote:

> By the way, I made the mistake of asking Howard if they were
> looking for "programmers". He responded with, "No, we're looking
> for _high-end software engineers_.", in matter-of-fact way that
> sort of seemed to imply he had the impression that I was a
> complete idiot. From that, I, on the other hand, was left with the
> impression that Howard is kind of a dick.
>
> So, anyway, if you contact him, make sure not to describe yourself
> as a programmer, or even a developer. Be safe and make it "software
> engineer" (whether to include "high-end", I leave up to you).

Forget about Howard. If you want to talk to a Staffing Manager at
Google who is very nice, send your resume to Caroline Horn;
chorn@example.com

Unfortunately for me Google isn't getting into the weather
modeling/weather forecasting business yet. Good luck to everyone else
who applies there. :-)

-uva