Re: [tlug] Japanese Encoding / 9.1-9.3 Upgrade

Another upgrade - and this time there are more Japanese input options -
not sure why that is - stuff I tried installing previously I guess.
Here's the result of inputting: "t o u k y o u t o" (without adjusting
the settings at all):

1) 東京都 (Anthy)
2) 東京都 (M17N-ja-anthy)
3) 減座モ金o (M17N-ja-tcode)
4) とうきょうと (SKK)
5) 東京都 (UIM-anthy)
6) とうきょうと (UIM-skk)
7) 減座モ金 (UIM-tcode)
8) 的度球和 (UIM-tutcode)
9) [とうきょうと] (Wnn)

Are there any advantages between numbers 1, 2, & 5? I'm not sure why
it's necessary to have a separate input setting for katakana - I'm
getting that okay with #1 by hitting F7 after inputting it. I guess if
you need to input exclusively katakana it's good, but.....

Well, excuse me once more while I say Banzai! Banzai!! Banzai!!! For the
past year and a half, when a Japanese friend has e-mailed, I forwarded
it over to another machine to answer. Finally I can input Japanese with
this machine. Whew!

Oh! For anyone installing SuSE 9.3. Sorry about my earlier
recommendation to install it in Japanese! It's works with no problem at
all if you install it in English and add Japanese as a secondary
language. Now... what to do with the box I put the Japanese version
into! Leave it as is I guess - it'll help me to remember more kanji I
suppose....

Lyle