[tlug] [tlug-digest] emacs copy paste to Mozilla fails, KDE OK

Dear Chuck,

I had this kind of problem at times, and it seems to go away when Emacs
has its copy to clipboard coding set to compound-text-with-extensions
for coding for X selections (C-x-Ret x).

This coding is set up properly my mule-ucs, I think, but can be
clobbered my other packages, I think. Certainly if I get smart and try
to set the X copy coding to utf-8, nothing much works. Very dark mystery
to me, but this may be relevant.

David Riggs, Kyoto

Chuck Muller wrote:
Ever since I've been using Linux, I've been able to copy text from
Emacs to other applications using "clipboard-kill-ring-save" with no
problems.

But recently, I've been unable to use this to copy to Mozilla and
OpenOffice, although it still works when copying to KDE apps. I wonder
if anyone else has run across this, or heard of a fix?