Re: [tlug] Newbie buying a computer and installing Linux on it

Joseph Essertier wrote:

> One of the first iMacs and a Wall Street (233 mghtz.?) The iMac has
> lots of problems, such as a broken CD drive (CD stuck inside it),
> broken keyboard, and broken mouse. OS 10.3 was successfully installed
> on it, but it was really slow.

Most CD drives have a very tiny hole that you can poke a straightened
out paper clip into to manually release them. This has saved me on a
couple of SuSE installations where the CD wouldn't come out for some
reason. Look very closely at the front of the CD drive... wait... the
Mac has just a slot, doesn't it! Hmmmmm Well, I'll stuff this into the
wires anyway as it might be a good tip for someone.