Re: [tlug] A semi-related question

> Anyway, how do you recommend spelling "license" as in "licentious use
> of language"?

I would recommend not spelling either licence or license as licentious,
because it's neither a noun nor a verb and therefore spelling either that
way would be wrong.

Incidentally, I've noticed that when I speak English (as an English
English speaker) I'm far less likely to be understood by Japanese English
speakers than either Americans or Germans.  On the other hand, I'm far
more likely to get away with being rude or sarcastic about all three
without them realising, so I suppose it's swings and roundabouts ;-)

Yours pedantically,

--
Ian.