Re: [tlug] Seagate Sudden Death....

    Lyle> Just speaking for myself, until I know Seagate is using a
    Lyle> more solid connection between their circuit board and the
    Lyle> rest of the hard drive, I am never buying a Seagate drive
    Lyle> again!

Actually, I've had a lot of luck buying the _next_ version of hardware
that died untimely.  Unlike Mitsubishi Jidosha, some companies keep
their QA records in a place where the engineers can refer to them and
kaizen the machine.  How do you know which company is which kind?  I
dunno.

As for the "design faults" you discovered, common sense says they're
faults, but common sense is sucky engineering.  To achieve cheap,
fast, _and_ good you have to go beyond common sense.