Re: [tlug] Hardware Issue

    Lyle> Funai bought it from Sejin?  Incidentally, when it comes
    Lyle> time to get another keyboard, does anyone know if this type
    Lyle> (101-keyboard maybe?) is still available - without those
    Lyle> horrible extra keys for MicroMuck that seem to be on all new
    Lyle> English (and Japanese) keyboards?

Have you tried the Happy Hacker keyboard?

To be honest, I've long since stopped reading

~~+-+-+       ---
~~| | |       ---<
~~+-+-+  and  --- \
~~| | |       ---
~~+-+-+       ---

as "Windows" and "Menu", to me they're "Meta" and "Super", which is
useful (to me, YMMV).  But I really would like the muhenkan, henkan,
and hiragana keys to be gone, even though they're all bound to ASCII
0x20.

    Lyle> boards, which I'd like to think is a freak accident of
    Lyle> chance (the memory boards were from the same manufacturer -
    Lyle> Apacer 256MB UNB PC133 CL3, P/N: 71.84350.555 to be
    Lyle> precise), but seems like possibly something else.

If the memory modules were the same manufacturer, blame the
manufacturer.  Not even Hitachi and Samsung modules get a free ride
from the motherboard manufacturers---they have to go through rigorous
testing before being certified as compatible.  Here in Japan the only
problem I've ever had with memory is getting modules to fit computers
built earlier than the year before, but apparently Hitachi, Toshiba,
and NEC regularly dump bad batches in England, and people there will
sometimes go through a half-dozen modules in a month (so they say,
this is all hearsay, of course), getting stability only when the bad
lot gets sold out.  Memory is a commodity product, so they say, but
quality varies.