Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux IMAP client

On 火, 2004-06-01 at 13:09 -0700, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> Anybody using IMAP on very large (100,000+ mails) IMAP mailboxes under Linux?
> Which IMAP client have you found performs the best at that level?  Or more to
> the point, have you found one that doesn't go catatonic for extended periods
> when syncing mail?  I've tried the usual suspects, but none really measure
> up.  Does anybody have a great secret IMAP client that scales to mailboxes
> that big without choking?

Well, I only have 39,259 messages in about 100 folders, but I've found
that evolution 1.5.8 works pretty well (is that one of the usual
suspects?). I've found the most variation in performance to be between
servers, rather than between clients. We used to use wu-imap, which
sucks bunnies through a garden hose, but when we switched to Courier
IMAP, all the chokes disappeared.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR