Re: [tlug] Using JDIC from inside ...

Botond Botyanszki <tlug@example.com> wrote:
>> Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> wrote:
>> > Can you make it loop looking for something to turn up? That was a nice
>> > feature of the one that Todd & I started on. No keystrokes at all; just
>> > highlight the text. ISTR it sits in a 1000ms sleep loop doing a "catch"
>> > on the cut buffer.
>>
>> It would be possible I guess. The fact is that only a low percentage of
>> the selections I make are Japanese or English text that I want to look up
>> in gjiten. It would be rather annoying to have it popping up with a bunch
>> of C,perl,whatever code in it saying it didn't find a match.

In the more-or-less-abandoned program I was trying, I only popped a
window if the cut text was all of (a) in Japanese, (b) different from
the last time it found anything, (c) in the dictionary. Also I hade a
little two-button Enable/Disable panel which made it turn off
semi-permanently.

I think it'd be *very* popular. Maybe I'll blow the dust of my X Library
books.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554