Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Suse 9.1 Sound
- Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:10:14 +0900
- From: "Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Suse 9.1 Sound
- References: <40AF9EE5.email@example.com> <20040522230049.GA25842@example.com>
- Organization: Images Through Glass
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040316
firstname.lastname@example.org wrote: >Hmmm. I went for a fresh install and restored my files from backup. >Since I didn't have any problems, it took less than an hour. For me, >the online update took me around 5 or 10 minutes. I'm sorry to hear that >your upgrade took longer. > > I think the way you did it is the better way of doing it. I went for the upgrade as I have installed a number of things over the basic install and I thought it would be easier than having to go through all that again. I think all the bits and pieces I've put in (text editors, photo related stuff, dictionaries, etc.) are also the cause of the extra time then... and probably also the extra update time. Thanks for mentioning your experience with that - I may do it that way on the next machine I upgrade. A number of things have a different feel to them after the upgrade - mostly improved, but... well, I'll detail things if there's something very specific. Lyle
- [tlug] Suse 9.1 Sound
- From: Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
- Re: [tlug] Suse 9.1 Sound
- From: uvacoder
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Using JDIC from inside ....
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Using JDIC from inside ...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Suse 9.1 Sound
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Using JDIC from inside ....
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links