[tlug] Re: cisco help needed..going crazy

gavin <gavin-39@example.com> wrote:
> My goal is simple, I want to replace my smoothwall box with the router and
> switch.. I after reading 80% of the first two books and working with the
> simulator software, I'm still lost on how to setup the router to connect to
> the internet! Are there any cisco guru's out there that can give me a verbal
> hand setting my router up? I have a B-flex fiber connection (dsl I think) I
> don't have any special routing protocol that I want to use yet.. I just want
> to get connected for now! diagram below
>
> 							|===hub== 5 workstations (students network)
> internet----> router--->switch------  |===hub== 3 workstations (adm w/s + 2
> backup servers)

For B-Flet's you need PPPoE.  Do you have a new enough IOS?

Here's what google says.

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=1027984940.813873%40sj-nntpcache-5&rnum=1

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t2/ftpppoec.htm

http://www.kvedulv.de/cisco-howto.php