Re: [tlug] Arialuni.ttf font - don't...

Jim,

I traced up the link you provided to installing fonts.

For one reason or another, the part about "make/update" from the following snip is not clear to me.

It follows....

[start]

having put the fonts in that place, you need to make/update the fonts.scale and fonts.dir files. You can do this is follows:

ttmkfdir > fonts.dir

edit the resulting fonts.dir file to make sure the "jisx0208.1990-0" set of codes are available for the arialuni and cyberbit fonts. You can do this by duplicating one of the lines (e.g. koi8-ru) and editing it to say "jisx0208.1990-0" at the end. If you are ever likely to use JIS X 0212 as well, you may wish to add "jisx0212.1990-0" lines. Once you have done that, you need to update the number in the first line of the file to relect the number of font lines present. (For some reason the ttmkfdir utility only seems to generate lines for ISO-8859-* and KOI8 character sets.)

copy the fonts.dir file over the fonts.scale file

restart the font server. Rebooting is an easy way to do it.

[end]

Your previous reply:

Mine worked fine without touching spadmin (RH7.3). I just ran
spadmin to see what it did. It only had three fontsets available - a
couple of Bitstreams and a Lucindasans. When I run OO itself I have
a huge set available including my Arialuni, MS Mincho, MSGothic, etc. It
seems to pick upp all the TTFs I have configured into X.

(The installation details for the fonts are on
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/rhjpnttf.html)

Jim

Jerald Weinstein M.S.