Re: Fwd: Re: [tlug] Suse blues

Graspping at all sings of oddness in the hopes it will shed light on
something.

This may or may not be an indication of anything, but when I swicth to Gnome
from KDE (so far I prefer KDE), I get the following message telling me to add
the address of my setup (Internat connection?) to a file.

In fact.  I can ignore it and access the gnome desktop, but I wonder why it
happens?

(This one I CAN copy and PASTE)

THE MESSAGE

usen-221x242x10x37 $B$N(B URL $B$,8+$D$+$j$^$;$s$G$7$?!#(B
$B$=$N$?$a!"(BGNOME $B$,@example.com$7$/F0:n$7$J$/$J$k$*$=$l$,$"$j$^$9!#(B
/etc/hosts $B%U%!%$%k$K(B usen-221x242x10x37 $B$rDI2C$9$k$3$H$G(B
$B$3$NLdBj$r2r7h$G$-$k>l9g$,$"$j$^$9!#(B

Last but not least, when I download an inslaller of a game (Flight Gear),
it says in Yast that it has finsihed PARSING, but the next dialogue that is
supposed to be clickable is not..well, the window closes and I cannot find
the file in my Suse button on the bottom left. Nor can I find it with FIND
(though it seems SUSE FIND does not search the whole disk and I am not sure
where to look for newly installed programs.

YAST seems to work otherwise.

All thee may be unrealted, but since they are anomolies, thought I would
mention them.

Paul

--
Paul Arenson