[tlug] rf noise

I have had no luck getting help with this elsewhere.

I use one of my home computers as part of my home studio. I have always
had problems with noise but with my recent CPU upgrade 1Ghz->2Ghz it
has brought it to a head.

The guitar pickups pickup incredible white noise and with a compressor
it is unusable. Moving away 1 meter and turning away reduces it to
managable levels but then I can't touch my computer.

Does anyone have any ideas (i don't want to use a noise limiter/filter)?
The only thing I can think of is sheilding case, but how?

Brett

--
Brett Robson
Systems Administrator