[tlug] Dell Debian Installer

There has been a bug for some time in the Debian bf24 installer on
newish Dell Inspirons and Dimensions, with a hang occurring right after
at the first language-choice dialog. Today, seeing the Slashdot
announcement of the Dell Linux page (http://linux.dell.com/), I was able
to find a link on their blog (http://linux.dell.com/blog/) to the web
site of a fellow who is packaging bf24 ISOs specifically for Dells
(http://oregonstate.edu/~kveton/debian/).

I downloaded it and it seems to work (at least it goes way past that
hangup point and lets me start a web install--but I'm not ready to mess
around with new full Debian install today on my main machine...).

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities