Re: [tlug] Inputting both kanji and Latin-1?

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 03:14:44PM +0200, Tapio Peltonen wrote:
> >  is it possible to input both kana/kanji (e.g. via kinput2) and
> > non-ASCII Latin-1 characters (via the compose key) in the same
> > terminal window?
>
> It is possible, you need a UTF-8 terminal.

xterm is fine - I can properly display the UTF-8 font, and either input
kanji if I start it with LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 or compose non-ASCII
Latin-1 if I start it with another locale, but not both. :-(

Cheers,
 David
--
 David Santinoli, Milano             +   <david@example.com>