Re: [tlug] Inputting both kanji and Latin-1?

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, David Santinoli wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>  is it possible to input both kana/kanji (e.g. via kinput2) and
>non-ASCII Latin-1 characters (via the compose key) in the same terminal
>window?

It is possible, you need a UTF-8 terminal. I haven't done this though,
and would be interested in the details (how to configure input method
for this kind of task). It would be nice to input all the non-ascii
directly from my fi-latin1 keyboard and switch to kanji mode with
shift-space (or something) when necessary.

What I would like even more would be a newsreader for a UTF-8 terminal
that would support posting to different groups in different encodings.
(This probably works in slrn, but I'm not a wizard enough to configure
it correctly. Hm, gnus probably works too, but I don't like emacs.)

--
Tapio Peltonen <tappel@example.com>

This novel is not to be tossed lightly aside, but to be hurled with
great force.
                -- Dorothy Parker