Re: [tlug] Re: is there a real possibility that Sco get what it claims?

  >How am I to guess about your source?

According to the 1995 Technology License Agreement:

  ...the TLA provides Novell with 'a non-exclusive, non-terminable,
worldwide, fee-free license to . . . use, reproduce and modify, and
authorize its customers to use, reproduce and modify, Licensed
Technology...

...provides Novell with 'a non-exclusive, non-terminable, worldwide,
fee-free license to . . . sublicense and distribute, and authorize its
customers to sublicense and distribute, such Licensed Technology and
modifications thereof, in source and binary form...

But what about the restrictions that SCO contends exist you ask?

Section II.B. ...the proviso 'setting forth restrictions on the sublicense
and/or distribution of Licensed Technology and modifications thereof'
ceases to exist in the event of a 'Change of Control of SCO

Clearly a change of control happened at SCO that falls within the set
parameters defining such an event.  SCO is in denial of the rights
retained by Novel.

See http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2004011411254734 for more
details if you so desire.

That is why I said Toast baby, SCO is Toast (but so was OJ I thought).
--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/