Re: [tlug] Re: is there a real possibility that Sco get what it claims?

Shawn wrote:

>> Do you think is there a real possibility that Sco get what it claims?
>> In this last days there is a lot of news on the net about the SCO case
>> and
>> become difficoult to understand how the things evolved.
>>
> ZERO --

I have also been following groklaw since October 2003 or
so but I would not be so sure. I would say that they still
have a few percent chance to screw things up for the Linux
community.

The problem with groklaw, as I see it, is that it is very
biased and contains a lot of SCO-bashing. Not that SCO do
not deserve the bashing but if things where so black and
white as they appear at groklaw SCO would never have started
the battle, no matter how stupid they may be.

The problem, from the Linux community point of view, is
that most people are not programmers and do not understand
the issues at all. A jury will probably not contain a
single person with programming experience and they would
have to rely on expert witnesses, and I am sure SCO could
dig up some "experts" ready to testify their behalf.

Personally I do not doubt that SCO got it all wrong but
I would not be comfortable that a layman jury would
get it right. The best hope is that SCO get thrown out
of court in the SCO vs. IBM case but I can not really
se that happen in the RedHat and Novell cases.

/Fredric Fredricson
- Still a bit worried