Re: [tlug] Goatse is dead

On Friday 16 January 2004 05:49 pm, Raymond Regalado wrote:

> The warning should've said, "...warning: porn..." somewhere and I
> wouldn't have clicked at all.

Heh, well, we told you not to do it :-)

Notice that, judging by the fixtures, the pic appears to be Japanese in origin
(this is serious scat pr0n folks, don't make Raymond's mistake of clicking
the link), like much of the worst of that genre is.

> It's been a while since I saw an image from the dark side of the web.
> The worst material I tolerate these days is SCO press releases.

The horror!  The horror!

> these weird sites that users have visited; I decided not to specialize
> in security. ;-)

I've been in the anti-spam business for 5 years, first as an ISP sysadmin, now
as an employee of a spam filtering company.  As in security, with which we
overlap quite a bit, you see a lot.  When it comes to spam and scams, I've
pretty much seen it all, from the real creativity of west African con men to
things about horses you don't really want to know :-/  You do need a strong
stomach for the dark side of the 'net in this line of work, that's for
certain.

Thanks to the CAN-SPAM Act, which effectively legalized spamming and overrides
all state anti-spam laws, services like ours are going to be needed for a
long time to come.

Jonathan
--
Linux is for productivity.  Windows is for solitaire.