Re: [tlug] RE: getting back on track [ was RE: introductions ]

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:57:43AM +0900, Alfred Rodriguez wrote:
> Although some others have expressed similar thoughts on Fedora, I've
> been using it both at work and at home and can't think of anything to
> complain about (except the broken gui package manager which I wouldn't
> use anyway).

I was about to ask this question.

RH 7.x and 8 have now died a natural death, and RH9 will be unsupported
from April and I was thinking about what to do. This machine is
basically just a desktop using KDE. The only service I run is apache to
make it easier to distribute files and ssh, I was Perl and about the
only aplication I was is The Gimp.

I was considering Febora or Debian.

Fedora seems like it is geared too much towards bleeding edge stuff. Does
Fedora have any package update routine like up2date? I can't see
anything about on the web site. I really don't want to be bothered
checking errata and using rpm all the time.

Brett