Re: [tlug] getting back on track [ was RE: introductions ]

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 04:47:41PM -0800, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2004 04:19 pm, Alfred Rodriguez wrote:
>

> Debian Unstable, then release it on their target audience (newbies).
>
> Slackware is good, Debian is good.  Fedora will be good, I'm sure, but is in
> beta still.  My list of recommended distros would be Slackware, Debian
> (testing or unstable for workstation use, stable for server use), Gentoo,
> Arch, SuSE, maybe Fedora.  FreeBSD and NetBSD are good, too.

At the risk of aggravting Matt and Josh, I'm going to push Free over Net
if you're just getting back on track.  More software, a bit less austere
(or is the word primitive?  <ducks>)

Although intuitive is what you're used to using, I still have to say
that FreeBSD is a bit more intuitive--I play with NetBSD for a challenge
and use FreeBSD for work.  :)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: A slayer with family and friends. That sure as hell wasn't
in the brochure.