Re: [tlug] gpg AKA ant

#1 you aren't passing in the names of each .txt file you want protected
#2 you aren't passing in the passphrase and I think may have to keep re-
entering it manually (gpg encode does a batch though so easy enough)

#3 it might not be so easy to specify .txt files with that command but say
.pdf files with another way to encrypt (remember I am borderline *nix
challenged)

Anyway, the partial example I sent was just that.  I doubt alias could
handle several commands passing the return value from a preceeding one to
the next.

I am not trying to change your already adequate methods of doing things

I wanted to point out that if you need*

#4  to run this on both linux and windows that ant can detect and run
appropriate commands
#5  to do this remotely ant (1.6 still alpha) will do a secure shell or
file transfer for you
#6  to do a remote secure shell/file transfer in/to linux from windows, ant
can handle that
#7  to do a secure shell/file transfer in/to windows from linux, and can do
that too (with a little help on the windows side cgywin or other such)

Overkill for a simple encrypt of a list of passwords, ok I admit.  Just
like it and wanted to mention it, that's all.

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/