Re: [tlug] gpg (was) advice to consider upgrading to RH9

topic is sensative data, passwords etc.

> I keep that kind of thing in at least two of the following:
>
> - An encrypted app on my handheld
> - An encrypted text file on disk (gpg)
> - An encrypted file on some offline storage.  Flash drives
> are particularly good for this.

Um I don't quite follow.  Do you keep two keys seperately?

 Or do you just encrypt to one key and use a pass phrase to get at it (and
the two places just meant a backup).  I guess just using a passphrase is
good enough for me -- ie encoding and decoding it with one key.  Don't have
so much money I guess to be really paranoid about it.

  There are some general graphical
> frontends for gpg,

tkgpg seems to work nicely.

It will be more fun to use ant though once I can figure it out!!!!

The first step will be figuring out if I can do pdfs too.

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/